Crock Pot Five Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
Needed: 1- 6 Quart, or larger, Crock Pot/Slow Cooker; Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Liners are also helpful for easy clean up.
- 1 Pound Uncooked Large Elbow Macaroni
- 2½ Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 1½ Teaspoons or To Taste Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons or To Taste Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
- 1½ Teaspoons or To Taste Salt
- 1½ Teaspoons or To Taste Black Pepper
- 1½ Teaspoons or To Taste Smoked Paprika
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- ¼ Cup Diced Yellow Onions
- ¼ Cup Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 Pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 8 Ounces Colby Jack Cheese, grated
- 8 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 4 Ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
Prepare all of the ingredients before starting the recipe. Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature, chop the onions, and grate the cheeses. Set aside 1½ cups of the sharp cheddar cheese for the top of the mac and cheese.
First, turn the crock pot to the “Low” setting. Pour in the half & half, milk, all of the seasonings, cream cheese, butter, and onions. Stir or whisk to combine. Taste to adjust the seasonings as needed.
Next, pour about 4 Quarts of water into to a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Add ¼ cup of salt to the boiling water. Stir in the macaroni and cook FOR 3 to 4 MINUTES ONLY. Once done, drain the pasta and stir it into the milk mixture. Add and stir in all of the cheeses EXCEPT the 1½ cups of cheddar that was reserved for the top. (Note: At this point you may add some grilled chicken, chopped cooked bacon, jalapenos, raw asparagus, or raw broccoli, etc. If you add precooked vegetables they will be past the “mushy” stage once the dish is done.) Top with the reserved cheddar cheese, cover with the lid, and cook on LOW for 2½ Hours. For the last ½ hour of the cooking time, turn the lid to allow some of the moisture to evaporate. Serve hot.