Shrimp & Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil or Your Choice
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ½ to ¾ Pound Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- ¾ Pound Uncooked Shrimp, size 31-40, cleaned, deveined, tail removed
- To Taste Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning or Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper (Note: Be mindful of using seasonings that contain salt while using Soy Sauce)
- ¾ Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 to 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Cups Cooked Rice (For best results cook the rice a day in advance or at least 4 hour in advance)
- ¼ to 1/3 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ¾ Cup Frozen Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, Corn)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Scallions for garnish
Prepare all of the ingredients before starting the cooking process. Season the chicken and shrimp, set aside.
Preheat a large skillet over high heat with the vegetable and sesame oils. About 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken to the skillet, cook on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes or until it is completely done. Add the onions and cook just until they’re slightly soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Next, add in the rice and vegetables, toss and mix. Add ¼ cup of soy sauce and mix. Taste to see if more soy sauce is desired, be careful not to add too much.
Push the rice to the perimeter of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs in the center. Scramble the eggs and then incorporate them into the rice. Taste to see if more soy sauce is needed. Finally, toss the shrimp into the rice until it’s fully cooked. Serve immediately.