Smoked Olive Oil Roasted Vegetables & Herbs
- To Taste Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To Taste Liquid Smoke, your choice of Hickory, Mesquite, Applewood
- To Taste Red Potatoes, washed, cut in half
- To Taste Brussel Sprouts, washed, trimmed, cut in half
- To Taste Broccoflower, washed, cut into large flowerets
- To Taste Large Onion, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- To Taste Carrots, washed, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- To Taste Swiss Chard, washed cut into large strips
- To Taste Fresh Garlic, chopped
- To Taste Fresh Rosemary
- To Taste Fresh Thyme
- To Taste Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
- To Taste Kosher Salt or your choice of salt
- To Taste Chipotle Powder or Paprika
- Garnish Fresh Chopped Basil
Tip: The trick to having vegetables evenly roasted is to make sure they are cut similar in size.
Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F
Wash, clean and prep all of the vegetables.
Start with 1/3 cup of olive oil and add a few drops of liquid smoke to taste. Place all of the vegetables, EXECPT THE SWISS CHARD, in one layer on a baking sheet. Add in the herbs, garlic and seasoning. (Note: Do not over crowd the baking sheet as having too many vegetables on the sheet will cause the vegetables to steam and they won’t roast and brown evenly. Use two baking sheets if necessary.)
Pour enough smoked oil over all of the vegetables and toss to coat. Add more smoked olive oil if needed. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. At the 20 minute mark, use a spatula to toss and turn the vegetables over. Continue to cook for 10 more minutes. At the 30 minute mark, add the swiss chard to the baking sheet, toss with the vegetables, and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes. Once done, garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve immediately as a side dish or a main course.