Southern Seven Flavor Cream Cheese Pound Cake
15 to 18 Slices
Note: You will need a 12-Cup Capacity Fluted Bundt Pan
For the Cake:
- 3 Sticks (1½ Cups) plus 2 Tablespoons for the bundt pan, Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 3 Cups Granulated White Sugar
- 7 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Butter Rum
- 1 Teaspoon Pineapple Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Peach Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Butter Extract
- ¼ Cup Low Fat Buttermilk
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour or Cake Flour plus 2 to 3 Tablespoons for the bundt pan
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1¾ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Milk or Half & Half, may need more or less
- ¼ Teaspoon of Each Flavor OR Your choice of either of the flavors
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside. Butter and flour the inside of the entire cake pan including the tube. Tap out the excess flour, set aside.
In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter together until creamy and well combined, about a minute or so. Add the sugar and continue to mix until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape your bowl down with a spatula.
Add the eggs one at a time while mixing. Add in all of the extracts. Next, mix in the flour mixture 1 cup at a time and remember to stop once or twice and scrape the bowl down so that all of the batter is well blended. Finally, add the buttermilk and mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the cake pan and then give the pan a little shake to settle the batter. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes (check it at the 1 hour and 15 minute mark) or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean.
Once done, allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes and then invert it onto a cooling rack. Let the cake cool completely.
Making the Glaze
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour the glaze over the cake.