Southern Seven Flavor Pound Cake
15 to 18 Slices
Note: You will need a 12-Cup Capacity Fluted Bundt Pan
For the Cake:
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter plus 2 Tablespoons for the bundt pan, room temperature
- 3 Cups Granulated White Sugar
- 6 Eggs, room temperature
- ¾ Cup Sour Cream, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Butter Rum
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Butter Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Almond Extract
- ½ Cup Peach Brandy (OR 7up/Sprite, great for people who prefer not to use alcohol; I tried it on 12/11/16)
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour or Cake Flour plus 2 to 3 Tablespoons for the bundt pan
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1¾ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Milk or Half & Half, may need more or less
- ¼ Teaspoon of Each Flavor OR Your choice of either of the flavors
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and set aside. Butter and flour the inside of the entire cake pan including the tube. Tap out the excess flour, set aside.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape your bowl down with a spatula.
Add the eggs one at a time while mixing. Add and mix in the extracts and sour cream. Next, alternately mix in the flour and brandy, starting and ending with flour, scrape the bowl down so all of the batter is well blended.
Pour the batter into the cake pan and then give the pan a little shake to settle the batter. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes (check it at the 1 hour and 15 minute mark) or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean.
Once done, allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes and then invert it onto a cooling rack. Let the cake cool completely.
Making the Glaze
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour the glaze over the cake.